Headland Country Club is a semi-private golf course located in Headland, Alabama with a challenging and well maintained golf course, pool and club house. The golf course is open to the public but we do offer memberships for occasional players.
The club was organized and has served the Wiregrass / Dothan Metro area since 1961!
The course slop is 126 and the course rating is 69.1. Men's yardage is 5,976 and women's yardage is 5,192. While the course is short compared to more modern courses, it is a challenging layout which will test any level golfer.
Our location is 4175 AL State Hwy 134 East, Headland, Alabama 36345 and is located 4 miles east of U.S. Hwy 431 and 5.3 miles east of downtown Headland. It is 3.1 miles east of the Headland Municipal Airport [0J6].
Call UsEmail Us Maps & Directions
Weekday (Mon-Fri) - $20 includes cart
Weekend (Sat-Sun) - $25 includes cart
Pro Shop hours (Tues,Thur-Sun) 10am - 2pm
Pro Shop is closed Monday's & Wednesday's but you can play golf anytime. Carts should be next to Pro Shop but, if not, the cart barn is unlocked. Please sign up on the red podium sitting on the wooden deck next to the Pro Shop. put money or check in envelope, name along with email address / phone number on outside of envelope and slide under bottom of door between two marks. If you do not have the correct amount or wanted to use credit card, leave your name, email address and telephone # on outside of envelope, slide under door so we can contact you. It's an honor system. :)
Scorecards and pencils in mailbox at #1 tee.
Headland Country Club - Membership Rates
||Full Membership: Golf w/Pool, No Green Fees, Golf Cart Storage Slot (if available)
||Full Membership: Golf w/Pool, No Green Fees, Cart Fees apply if used.
Golf Memberships include a $75 semi-annual fee due in January and July
||Pool Membership Only | No Golf: Dues April thru September only!
Rules and Regulations
- No one under 16 can operate golf carts
- No alcohol beverages allowed on course unless purchased in the pro shop. (It's the law!!!)
- USGA Rules govern Play with local exceptions:
- Out of Bounds is marked by fences, white stakes, paved areas including the road to the right of #7/#16 and pool.
- On #9 / #18, you must play to right of pole by equipment shed. Any ball left of pole and beyond protective net is out-of-bounds. Any ball beyond markers and road behind #6 / #15 and #9 / #18 is out of bounds, even if it comes to rest in the opposing fairways.
- Groups coming off hole #9 have right of way on #10.
- Winter Rules apply except in tournaments.
- Be courteous:
- Please let faster groups play through
- Rake traps
- Repair ball makrs
- Replace divots and/or fill with sand
- Keep carts at least 15 years from putting greens
Please remember that Headland Country Club is a small semi-public golf course with many members who contribute their time to keep the course maintained. Help us keep up the course so it will make 'your' round of golf more enjoyable.
Officers and Board Members
President: Jerry Hardy
V. President: Blake Granberry
Sec-Treas: Luke Douglas